Paying for college is a test you don’t want to wait until the night before to study for. According to the College Board, the current average four-year cost of tuition is $158,280 for private colleges, $36,440 for public colleges.* The good news is that 529 plans like Tomorrow’s Scholar allow you to save a lot for college with many tax advantages and few restrictions. Even better are the low minimums that put higher education within reach of almost any family budget.
The key is planning. To help make the sometimes overwhelming prospect of paying for college more manageable, here are a robust set of tools and resources to help you plan and show how you can make college possible.
- College Planning from Birth to Graduation - No matter what the child’s age, you can make the most of the opportunity
- Financial Aid - 8 things you can do to help maximize your child’s eligibility for Financial Aid
- Gifting & Estate Planning - Some tips on how to engage the whole family in a child’s education
- Calculators - A look at the numbers shows how paying for college might be more affordable than you think and why saving today provides a substantial benefit over taking college loans tomorrow.
* Source: College Board, Trends in College Pricing and Student Aid 2022